Suivez-moi?

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, May 3, 2014

It's MAY! It's MAY!

This is my boss, Joe:
 


He's a super nice guy. I've know him for over 20 years.  

We have a good work team & build beautiful homes.










He also has a swell dog who keeps me company at the office: 














When we were looking for an independent living situation for my dad (who celebrated HIS 95th birthday in March):


Joe told me about the place where his mom lives.  We checked it out, it's close to my house & it's in dad's budget.



So my dad became my boss's mom's downstairs neighbor.  They also became Wii bowling buddies & just sorta hit it off in general.




Well, Joe's mom is celebrating her 90th birthday this month!






So my May goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes is to turn this pile of Lovely Fabrics into a lap quilt in time for her birthday.

See - it actually is called "Lovely"!

These Lovely Charms plus this background fabric from Northcott will become an XOXO quilt (Jacobs Ladder blocks).  

 Like this.

  Or this.

  Or some other setting I'll figure out when some blocks exist.

  With a border maybe.

Or not.



And to give equal airtime to MY sweet doggess, here's Sparki!  (Yeah - I need to vacuum the sewing room.)


Happy New Year!

- sash

No comments:

Post a Comment