Suivez-moi?

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Sampler Blanket

Current Rectangle o' yarn
My rectangle knitting has become pretty good.  

Yep - I can crank out a rectangle - even one with a simple pattern - no problem.

So now what?

How many yarn rectangles does one person need?

Well - for this project, I will need 12 of them.


Started by Crafty Rie, this is a design-your-own sew along project.

I'm going for one large knitted block per month.  I'll pick one yarn type and then each month chose a pattern for that block.  When I'm through, we'll have a new afghan.  How fun is that?

I think I'll also do a quilt-as-you-go block each month.  I think it would be fun to use scraps generated that month to create each block.  That way I'd end up with a scrappy quilt that's also a bit of a memory quilt for the projects I did during the year.  I know that I have a couple on tap that will be fun to see reflected in that way, so that will be my 2nd sampler project for the year.

So it's still only January.  If you wanna join in, check out www.craftyrie.com!  Anyone can do one rectangle a month, right???

xoxo
sash

No comments:

Post a Comment