Suivez-moi?

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Down for the count



What's the opposite of a countdown?  


A count-up? Or maybe just...a count?

The countdown I talked about here came to an end on Sunday.  Final count: 35,388.  96 years, 10 months, 18 days.

The new count is now at 4.  4 sunrises to watch.  4 first cups of coffee.  4 days without Harold G. Schmidt alive on this planet.

At some point, I'll lose count.  Another day without him will just be, well, another day.  Without him.  I might forget to count, but I'll never forget him.

My daddy wasn't perfect, but he was amazing.  Like a character from the westerns he LOVED to read.

You rode this one to the barn, daddy.  We're gonna be ok.  You rest now.
You've certainly earned it.
Harold Glenn Schmidt
March 21, 1919 - February 7, 2016
xo
sash









1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful and I am thinking about all of you. I love you my dear Sarahanne. Tina

    ReplyDelete