Suivez-moi?

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014. Wow.



I have 13 more minutes to say "Hello 2014!"

2013 ended with a sniffle & a cough, but I'm cautiously optimistic about the year ahead.  Or maybe that's the cold meds talking.

High fever and low energy lead to a stack & whack project (You can only play so many hours of Minecraft - even on Nyquil).  Here's the photo with the blocks laid out.


I just finished assembly tonight & cut a border of chocolate brown.  It's busy, but it shows off the Acacia fabric that I LOVE so much.  This was one layer cake & there is a tutorial by Missouri Star Quilt.  I want to make several laps quilts to scatter around the house.  Fun patterns, low pressure, bright color - little bits of warmth for the family to enjoy.

KT loved her quilt top - even having to imagine the rest of the border.

The pillowcases were a success.

And I ventured out to the Fabric Depot sale.  Probably not a great move in getting over the chest cold, but all the Christmas prints were at 50%.  I didn't need any more penguins or snowmen, but many holiday lines have complementary fabrics without holiday motifs.  I got some beautiful jewels tone prints & beautiful swirled solids.

Oops - I've run over my 13 minutes.  Enough looking back - it's time for goals & planning & resolutions, right?  Well, I don't know about that, but I've enjoyed following a couple blogs this year and their "Lovely Year of Finishes".  So here's my first goal for 2014.  I will participate in the 2014 Lovely Year of Finishes.  That means posting here and linking up...somewhere... at the beginning and end of each month.  Setting one project as a goal, finishing that project, and posting it.

So sewing, finishing projects, blogging... all good things, right?

Here's the link to check it out.  I'll take a photo of KT's quilt & that will be my January goal.  Borders, sandwiched, quilted, & bound by the end of January.
My Button
I'm tempted to go start now - but I think getting more sleep is another goal for 2014 so the borders will have to wait until tomorrow.

A demain,

sash

No comments:

Post a Comment